Keywork is made possible through the countless contributions of the open-source community. There are many ways in which you can contribute to the project.
The goal of this document is to provide a high-level overview of how you can get involved.
If you find issues with the documentation, or have suggestions on how the project in general, please file an issue on GitHub.
Thank you for your patience 💕
Have you identified a reproducible problem in Keywork? Have a feature request? We want to hear about it! Here's how you can report your issue as effectively as possible.
Look For an Existing Issue
Before you create a new issue, please do a search in open issues to see if the issue or feature request has already been filed.
Be sure to scan through the most popular feature requests.
If you find your issue already exists, make relevant comments and add your reaction. Use a reaction in place of a "+1" comment:
- 👍 - upvote
- 👎 - downvote
If you cannot find an existing issue that describes your bug or feature, create a new issue using the guidelines below.
Writing Good Bug Reports and Feature Requests
File a single issue per problem and feature request. Do not enumerate multiple bugs or feature requests in the same issue.
Do not add your issue as a comment to an existing issue unless it's for the identical input. Many issues look similar but have different causes.
The more information you can provide, the more likely someone will be successful at reproducing the issue and finding a fix.
Please include the following with each issue:
- Version of Keywork
- Your app's runtime (Cloudflare Workers/Pages, Deno, Node, Browser, etc)
- Reproducible steps (1... 2... 3...) that cause the issue
- What you expected to see, versus what you actually saw
- Images, animations, or a link to a video showing the issue occurring
- A code snippet that demonstrates the issue or a link to a code repository the developers can easily pull down to recreate the issue locally
- Note: Because the developers need to copy and paste the code snippet, including a code snippet as a media file (i.e. .gif) is not sufficient.
- Errors from either your server, or from the browser's Dev Tools Console (open from the menu: Help > Toggle Developer Tools)
Please remember to do the following:
- Search the issue repository to ensure your report is a new issue
- Recreate the issue after disabling all extensions
- Simplify your code around the issue to better isolate the problem
Once submitted, your reported issue will be triaged by a Keywork maintainer as soon as possible.
How can I contribute code to Keywork?
We deeply appreciate community contributions to Keywork. To get started, you'll need a compatible development environment, and an understanding of TypeScript, Deno, and Node.
After forking Keywork and cloning your repo, you can start development via Yarn.
(Installs Node dependencies)
This command Checks your development environment and ensures you can build Keywork.
This command builds all Keywork modules and formats the output.
Thank You! 💞
Your contributions to open source, large or small, make great projects like this possible. Thank you for taking the time to contribute.